This company has no active tenders
- Total Tenders 0 Tenders
- Address Windhoek
The National Commission on Research Science and Technology (NCRST) is established in terms of section 4 of Research Science and Technology Act, 2004 (Act no 23 of 2004).
The objectives as outlined in section 2 of the Act are:
- to ensure the co-ordination, monitoring and supervision of research, science and technology in Namibia;
- to promote and develop research, science and technology in Namibia;
- to promote common ground in research, scientific and technological thinking across all disciplines, including the physical, mathematical and life sciences, as well as human, social and economic sciences;
- to encourage and promote innovative and independent thinking and the optimum development of intellectual capacity of people in research, science and technology;
- to ensure dedicated, prioritised and systematic funding for research, science and technology application and development in Namibia;
To be a coordinating agency that facilitates the development of Research, Science, Technology and Innovation towards socio-economic advancement for Namibia by 2022.
The vision attempts to galvanize the various stakeholders and mechanisms/means that make up the funnel towards the creation of Research, Science, Technology and Innovation deliverables into an Research and Development commitment and spend that as a lead indicator will further socio-economic development in the context of a knowledge-based economy.
To establish and strengthen a national system that promotes, develops and informs Research, Science, Technology and Innovation through effective coordination to realize a knowledge-based society.
The emphasis is on creating a systematic approach that links and coordinates stakeholders in a delivery funnel towards achieving optimal RSTI relevant deliverables and in that process furthers meaningful progress towards a knowledge based society (socio-economic system/society).
Tel: +264 61 431 7000
Fax: + 264 61 216 531
Tel: +264 61 431 7099
Fax: + 264 61 235 758