This company has no active tenders
- Total Tenders 0 Tenders
- Address Windhoek
The Auditor-General is appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Public Service Commission and the approval of the National Assembly
in terms of Article 127 of the Constitution of Namibia and derives his duties and power from Section 25 and 26 of the State Finance Act, 1991
(Act 31 of 1991). The Auditor-General is appointed for a period of five years, renewable.
The Auditor-General is not a member of the Public Service. The Auditor-General can leave office by resigning and cannot be removed from office
unless 2/3 majority of all members of Parliament vote for his/her removal on the grounds of gross misconduct or mental incapacity.
Key Responsibilities of the Office of the Auditor-General:
- The Office of the Auditor-General carries out the audit of the financial statements of Central Government Ministries, other Government funds, boards, statutory bodies,municipalities, regional councils, town councils and villages.
- The Office of the Auditor-General is responsible for the auditing of 132 accounts. The Office of the Auditor-General also carries out Performance Audits, which examine the way in which public sector resources are utilised, as well as special audits.
- The Auditor-General is required to report the results of all audits to the National Assembly. These reports are considered by the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Public Accounts.
- The Public Accounts Committee’s consideration of the reports includes obtaining further evidence from Permanent Secretaries and Financial Advisors, Accounting Officers of the Ministries, etc. concerned.
- The Public Accounts Committee reports its findings to the National Assembly and makes constructive recommendations aimed at improving financial management, controls, and use of resources.
Without the work carried out by the Office of the Auditor-General, the Public Accounts Committee would not be able to carry out its duties effectively.
Office of the Auditor-General
123 Robert Mugabe Avenue. Windhoek Namibia
P/Bag 13299, Windhoek