This company has no active tenders
Overview of the Ministry
The Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Service (MSYNS) was formed in 2005 mainly to promote the welfare of the Youth in Namibia. It is mandated to promote the sport, develop and empower the youth and has three (3) directorates namely,
- Directorate of Sport;
- Directorate of Youth; and
- Directorate of General Services
The duties and functions of the Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Service(MSYNS) encompasses, among others, the following:
- Initiate and coordinate sport policy development and facilitate the implementation of sport development programmes;
- Creation of conducive sporting environment in the country by building and upgrading sport facilities;
- Encourage inter-linkages and networking between all sports organizations and providing funding for different codes of sport;
- Provide youth development and empowerment programmes that will ensure that the youth participate and become active participants in the mainstream economy;
- Impart skills to school drop-outs and unemployed young people, thereby making them employable, self-reliant and productive citizens.
The Ministry of Sport, Youth, and National Service is led by the Hon. Minister Agnes Basilia Tjongarero, Hon. Emma Kantema-Gaomas as Deputy Minister and Dr. Audrin Mathe the Executive Director.
- A dynamic Institution recognized in excelling sport, empowering youth to be self-reliant and productive citizens.
- Creating an enabling environment for sustainable development, empowerment and promotion of Sport and Youth.
Designation Office/Centre Postal Address Telephone Fax Number.
Switchboard Windhoek Head Office Private Bag 13391, Windhoek +264 61 270 6111 +264 61 245 939